Being aware of our emotions is important, but how we process our emotions is what is going to take us to a new level of healthy emotional regulation and bring us closer to true authenticity. That’s why episode 99 of the Positively Living Podcast is about emotions, intuition, and authenticity!
In this episode of the Positively Living Podcast, my guest Kristen Kubik shares the importance of creating space for yourself to process emotions in a society that doesn’t always support that and she provides actionable steps you can take right now to learn to work with and regulate your emotions.
Kristen and I cover the following topics:
- The 3 basic functions of emotions and the purpose they serve.
- 3 steps that lead you from your initial feeling to taking action based on it.
- The difference between root and secondary emotions and where emotions like fear and grief fall into the mix.
- How the expectations of society hinder the normal and natural expression of our emotions.
- Kristen’s practice for processing your emotions in a safe place at a safe time.
- Differentiating between detachment and dissociation.
When we are able to process our emotions and tap into our intuition, we trust ourselves and are able to show up authentically.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me! And don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
Learn more about Positively Living and Lisa at https://positivelyproductive.com/podcast/
If you’re ready to reduce stress and overwhelm by doing less, yet still achieving more, I invite you to join me for a Strategy Session: a heart-opening, mind-expanding, goal-setting session that gives you the clarity needed to determine your best steps forward. Go to www.positivelyproductive.com/strategy and use the promo code PODCAST for a special listener discount.
CONNECT WITH KRISTEN KUBIK:
CONNECT WITH LISA ZAWROTNY:
Buy Lisa a coffee!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Music by Ian and Jeff Zawrotny
Start your own podcast with Buzzsprout!