As a questioner, my client Lauren Yee needs to make time blocking work for her in a way that makes sense while incorporating her fun and vibrant personality and we found a way to do just that in this strategy session. This week, episode 124 of the Positively Living Podcast is about using school themes to time block!
In this episode of the Positively Living Podcast, I coach Lauren on taking this concept of time blocking and structuring it in a way that not only works for her but locking it in so that it feels real to her allowing her to stick to it.
Lauren and I cover the following topics:
- Why having a digital time blocking calendar didn’t work for Lauren.
- Intentional time blocking to move out of that reaction state and better negotiate and plan for your availability.
- Building in buffer time and boundaries within your schedule.
- Creating task loops to ensure all parts of the task get completed every time.
- Using frameworks that already exist (like school) and shifting them to work for you at any stage in life.
- Sharing the takeaways Lauren can implement right away to time block like a pro.
When you create structure to account for everything on your task list, you can plan your schedule intentionally while giving yourself the flexibility to adjust when needed.
Be sure to stay tuned for the next episode where Lauren tells us what she tried, how it worked, and whether or not she’s heading on to the next grade.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me! And don’t forget to follow, rate, and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
Learn more about Positively Living and Lisa at https://positivelyproductive.com/podcast/
If you’re a DIY dynamo looking for simplicity and productivity support, you’ll find it in the Positively Productive Resources Vault. It’s packed with the worksheets, checklists, workbooks, and recordings I use with clients. Go to www.positivelyproductive.com/vault and use the promo code PODCAST for a special listener discount.
CONNECT WITH LAUREN YEE:
CONNECT WITH LISA ZAWROTNY:
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
(Find links to books/gear on the Positively Productive Favorites Page.)
Positively Living Podcast: Living a Multi-Passionate Life with Lauren Yee
Music by Ian and Jeff Zawrotny
Start your own podcast with Buzzsprout!