Self-discipline is not only a skill you can acquire, it is a skill that is necessary to open yourself up to self-care. That’s why episode 91 of The Positively Living Podcast is about how self-discipline IS self-care!
In this episode of the Positively Living Podcast, my guest Amanda Chils shares the importance of understanding how self-discipline, self-respect, and self-care are all connected and she shares actionable steps you can take right now to master self-discipline to take your life back into your own hands
Amanda and I cover the following topics:
- What self-discipline is and how we can develop it through everyday practice.
- The difference between fluffy and dirty self-care and why it is essential to do the dirty self-care.
- Reversing the concept that being selfish is a negative trait when it is one of the most important and necessary traits for your happiness.
- Reevaluating how we allow people to treat us and using this newfound self-discipline to manage our relationships with others.
- Productivity as a discipline of its own that you can work on to find freedom in your life.
When you practice what you need to be happy and peaceful, you will get there. Trust the process.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me! And don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
Learn more about Positively Living and Lisa at https://positivelyproductive.com/podcast/
If you’re ready to reduce stress and overwhelm by doing less, yet still achieving more, I invite you to join me for a Strategy Session: a heart-opening, mind-expanding, goal-setting session that gives you the clarity needed to determine your best steps forward. Go to www.positivelyproductive.com/strategy and use the promo code PODCAST for a special listener discount.
CONNECT WITH AMANDA CHILIS:
CONNECT WITH LISA ZAWROTNY:
Buy Lisa a coffee!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
I Will Teach You To Be Rich Ramit Sethi
Music by Ian and Jeff Zawrotny
Start your own podcast with Buzzsprout!