Acknowledging trauma and seeking help is not a weakness, but rather the most courageous thing that you can do for yourself. That’s why episode 68 of The Positively Living Podcast is about mental health for men!
In this episode of The Positively Living Podcast, my guest Tim Beisiegel shares the importance of normalizing mental health, specifically for men, and offers actionable steps you can take right now to acknowledge your trauma and open yourself up to seeking help.
Tim and I cover the following topics:
- Tim’s life experiences from childhood leading up to his daughter being hospitalized for 97 days and how that led him to advocating for mental health and normalizing seeking help.
- The ways in which society’s perception surrounding men’s vulnerability is extremely toxic and dates back farther than we recognize.
- Having conversations on the topic of mental health is the number one way in which we can reverse the stigma and normalize mental health for all.
- The difference between acknowledging and accepting your trauma versus deflecting your trauma.
- Trusting the process to find the right counselor for you to open the door for these difficult conversations and set your heavy emotions free.
It’s time that we not only support men seeking counseling and therapy but that we encourage it.
Thank you for listening! Be sure to tune in to all the episodes to receive tons of practical tips to create space for what really matters in your life.
If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me! And don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
Learn more about Positively Living and Lisa at https://positivelyproductive.com/podcast/
If you’re ready to reduce stress and overwhelm by doing less, yet still achieving more, I invite you to join me for a Strategy Session: a heart-opening, mind-expanding, goal-setting session that gives you the clarity needed to determine your best steps forward. Go to www.positivelyproductive.com/strategy and try it for $98 when you use promo code PODCAST.
CONNECT WITH TIM BEISIEGEL:
Twitter– Focused on Forward
YouTube– Focused on Forward
YouTube– Funny Science Fiction
Twitter– Funny Science Fiction
Instagram– Funny Science Fiction
Upcoming- Pop Culture Addicts Podcast
Instagram– Pop Culture Addicts
CONNECT WITH LISA ZAWROTNY:
IMPORTANT LINKS AND RESOURCES:
The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel VanDerKolk
It Didn’t Start With You by Mark Wolynn
Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottleib
Episode 4 The Power of Gratitude
Episode 14 How We Grow through Grief with Katie Rossler
Episode 29 Trauma-Informed Life with Mallory Jackson
Music by Ian and Jeff Zawrotny