As a caregiver, there is so much that is demanded of you on a daily basis so it is more important than ever to build resilience. That’s why episode 81 of The Positively Living Podcast is about boosting caregiver resilience through setting boundaries and using creativity!
In this episode of The Positively Living Podcast, my guest Kate Chapman shares the importance of bringing joy into difficult moments and actionable steps you can take right now to find a creative outlet or create your sanctuary, whether it be physically or mentally.
Kate and I cover the following topics:
- The life and mindset pivots that happen when you become a caregiver.
- Choosing the meaning you are putting onto everyday scenarios in order to change your perspective on the situation at hand.
- Bringing a theatre games mindset into the everyday world of caring for an Alzheimers or dementia patient.
- Finding a creative outlet for yourself or building a sanctuary for you to escape to and be with yourself as needed.
- How Kate’s constant creative response led her to buy a billboard and alter her environment to reflect back reminders to herself that she needed in that moment of time.
Using the tips we talked about today, you can build resilience no matter what caregiving or other demands come your way.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me! And don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
Learn more about Positively Living and Lisa at https://positivelyproductive.com/podcast/
If you’re ready to reduce stress and overwhelm by doing less, yet still achieving more, I invite you to join me for a Strategy Session: a heart-opening, mind-expanding, goal-setting session that gives you the clarity needed to determine your best steps forward. Go to www.positivelyproductive.com/strategy and use the promo code PODCAST for a special listener discount.
CONNECT WITH KATE CHAPMAN:
CONNECT WITH LISA ZAWROTNY:
Buy Lisa a coffee!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Martha Beck Resources:
Positively Living Episodes:
Music by Ian and Jeff Zawrotny
Start your own podcast with Buzzsprout!